SavageMs v83

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SavageMs v83

SavageMs v83

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome To SavageMS Forums

2 posters

Modifications to the GM Rules?

Poll

Should these changes be initiated?

[ 1 ]
    Modifications to the GM Rules? I_vote_lcap100%Modifications to the GM Rules? I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Modifications to the GM Rules? I_vote_lcap0%Modifications to the GM Rules? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Lance.
    Lance.

Modifications to the GM Rules? Empty Modifications to the GM Rules?

Post  Lance. Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:01 pm

I've read over the GM Rules, and although I'm just the "coder", however some parts of the rules don't seem fair, don't make sense, are irrelevant.

Let's begin with the fourth rule which dismisses abuse, this is also repeated with "Do not abuse commands on players.", I know it seems ridiculous but it looks unprofessional.

This rule "GMs are NOT allowed give each other GM gear, you're only allowed to have your own tag on GM gear." seems ridiculous as well. I mean, if you're the same GM Level why wouldn't you be able to trade gear that the other can spawn? Although there is no point, why not?

Then we have this... "If you're going AFK for more then a couple of minutes, Please LOG-OUT - This is to ensure the players don't think they are ignoring you.", if players think that said GM is ignoring them, and they aren't moving, typing, or anything that seems as if they are there, that's moronic, they need to sit down.

I was curious about this "Do not hack in public." does that mean GM's are allowed to hack? If so, that's quite ridiculous seeing as they have specially designed commands that they can toy with.

This rule "Do not ban other GMs. They are your teammates, not enemies." i just LOLed at, seeing as that shouldn't even be a possibility.

This rule "Do not get involved in something you don't belong in." kinda mixes in with the "What would you do if two players or GM's are fighting?" Seeing as it's ideally not something they should be mixed into, the said two individuals should come to a conclusion.

These "- No spawning of any kind. Mobs, items, etc & Limit the monster spawn to 100 during events." contradict each other.

*** I'm not going to add more, you can see what needs to be worked on, or my general idea. ***

There are a few grammar mistakes as well, I'm not going to get into it however this part "in any circumstances" doesn't make sense "in" should be changed to "under".

This was not made to put anybody down or to make them look stupid, it's simply constructive criticism.
    Predator
    Predator
    Main Owner
    Main Owner

Modifications to the GM Rules? Empty Re: Modifications to the GM Rules?

Post  Predator Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

"GMs are NOT allowed give each other GM gear, you're only allowed to have your own tag on GM gear."

Lets say Lance, Gnar gives you some GM gear with his tag on it. Then u go and give it to a player. I would think Gnar gave it to the player, Because I check the tags to see who was responsible.

"If you're going AFK for more then a couple of minutes, Please LOG-OUT - This is to ensure the players don't think they are ignoring you."

Remember Lance we have 10 and under playing this game, They might think that they were ignoring them. Then rage quit. Plus, People whisper GMs in times of need and if they don't reply they feel ignored.

"Do not hack in public." does that mean GM's are allowed to hack?

Yes, Lance. There is no command to make you get to the top of JQ's are there?

"Do not get involved in something you don't belong in."

This one is self-explanatory. One example is, Dont unban a player you didn't ban.

"- No spawning of any kind. Mobs, items, etc & Limit the monster spawn to 100 during events."

I'm going to remove No spawning of any kind. Haha thanks.